BSBDES501A- Implement Design Solutions - Nicole Walsh
Winter in Wagga Wagga report.
1. Research for this project could be undertaken by searching the internet, or in person. On the internet, you could go to the Wagga council website and the various websites that are linked; or other websites promoting Wagga, like the ones through New South Wales Tourism. These websites promote many things to do in Wagga at all times of they year- its just a matter of picking out what there is to do in the Winter months. In person would involve going to places like the council chambers and visitor information centre. At these places you can ask people about information regarding what areas you wish to cover.
2. I decided on an A4 page that is folded twice to end up as a DL size brochure. I chose this medium because it is practical, is versatile as far as storage and distribution are concerned and has the right amount of room for information and images- not enough to overwhelm but more than enough to bore the reader.
3. Resources i will need are paper sizes, printing templates, information and images.
4. factors which may impact on selection of resources can be image size and resolution, copyright on images, and reliability of information source.
5. Feedback has been positive so far- my logo had a few things that needed to be fixed up originally but with input from teacher and classmates is now fine.
6. The benefits of this process are that i could see the designs progress from its first stages- which will be useful in the future for saving time when i get similar ideas, i know what will work and what wont work.
7. My promotional piece will assist in increasing tourism numbers by showcasing the exciting things Wagga has to offer in Winter.
8. I could encourage a budget increase by pointing out the fact if there was more money spent on printing the brochures, the quantity would be higher, therefore could be distributed in more places and more people are likely to see it and visit Wagga.
9. The best way to present my design concept to my client would be to give them a print out of the brochure. Also a mockup with photos of the brochures in places where they would be on display- eg, in tourist information centres, on counters in shops, etc.
6PP DL roll
6PP DL roll
$584 (including delivery)